Old July 5th 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dan[_30_]

Default cowl shake

On Jul 5, 8:42*am, (Itsfrom Click) wrote:
> Thanks for the comments. *I'm perplexed too: *maybe it's the expectation
> that there wouldn't be any cowl shake after all the hype. *And, seems
> worse with the top up than down, unlike other cars I've had. *"Course,
> although the suspension is stil mild, it's probably tighter than the V6.
>
> Yes, my *past cars had tower-to-cowl braces: *doesn't look like a
> bolt-in is possible with this body. *I see braces from $60 to
> $200......guess it won't hurt to put one on - and I'll have something to
> lean on when detailing the engine!
>
> BTW.......used to have one of those Continental 4 door
> converts......beautiful car. *Sort of scary when you put the top down
> and opened all the doors and saw how little structure there was to it.
> But never a shake, wiggle or rattle. *But it weighed 5500 pounds!

Just one more word from me, 'cause I didn't make the case as strong as
I wanted to . If all you are going to do is one mod, do the subframe
connectors. They *will* help. They are more of a pain because they
have to be welded (and you want the welded ones, not the bolt-ons) but
it's worth the extra effort. SFC's significantly improve the stiffness
of the car.

Then later, when you have some money for bling, get the STB .

Dan
P49Y83+