Old July 5th 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Frank ess

Default cowl shake

Edelbrock makes a 3-point for the S197;
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...mponents.shtml
it won't fit the V6, according to a tech support person the

"Thank you for your response, Chris.

I found the listing at AJUSA and supposed it was accurate:
http://www.ajusa.com/details/index/2...0/0/EDE%205223

Good thing I waited to order, eh?

Thanks again,

Frank S "

"Chris Rowe wrote:
> Frank,
> Our 5223 strut tower brace will not fit the V6 model.
>
> For all replies please include the ORIGINAL Email.
> Thanks - Chris Rowe, Edelbrock Tech Dept. "

I started with a BMR brace which made significant differences in
cowl-shake on a particularly rough section of street near here. I did
a before-after-before comparison, and it was clearly worth about 60%
reduction in the annoy factor; from "Omeingott is it going to come
apart", to barely tolerable.

My second bar is the Shelby eight-nuts model that is affixed to the
towers on all studs, four per tower, and "locks-on" to the wrinkle in
the tower-mounting surface.

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.co...r%20Brace.aspx

I can't tesitfy as to the change in actual shake-reduction over the
same surface as the BMR because the City fixed the patch, but it
/seems/ tighter yet than the previous brace. It definitely weighs at
least twice what the single-bar four-nut version weighs. Previous
catalogs listed a 40-dollar cheaper version without the Shelby plate,
but I tried to order one and they said "not available".

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3278/...da797a6a_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3137/...cee48d0f_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3015/...2affcd36_o.jpg

All said and done, I believe the braces - any kind - are worth the
trouble on the convertible, but not so much on the coupe.

--
Frank ess