Old August 5th 15, 02:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
greybuck

Default No cold Air From 2000 Chrysler T&C's Air Cond.

On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 3:22:52 PM UTC-6, Dan Gove wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> The air conditioner on my 2000 Chrysler Town and Country stopped
> putting out cold air the other day. It had been working fine up until
> that point but now only puts out warm air. Someone suggested checking
> the in cabin AC filter which I will do but considering the AC isn't
> putting out any cold air I'm assuming it's something else? My question
> is, is this the type of thing that should be checked out by a
> certified Chrysler shop or can any reputable auto repair shop fix
> this? Thanks in advance for any info.
>
> Dan

I would suggest checking the compressor to see if it is engaging. With the engine running, and the A/C on, the compressor clutch should engage. If it doesn't, it's most likely because the refrigerant is low. A sensor prevents the clutch from engaging if the system is low on refrigerant.

If if there is a leak, I would suggest starting with the connections on the compressor. I had a Voyager where the "O" rings went bad. The shop replaced those, and then recharged the system. It was still working, when I got rid of the van 11 years later.

Kirk M