Old February 5th 16, 02:30 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bill Vanek[_2_]

Default Stuck passenger door lock (1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS)

On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 17:49:18 -0800 (PST), Jc Maxwell
> wrote:

>On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 3:57:29 PM UTC-7, Bill Vanek wrote:
>> On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 14:48:12 -0800 (PST), Jc Maxwell
>> > wrote:

>> >Yes to the first - replaced the battery, to no effect.

>> Did you program the fob after replacing the battery? It might be
>> necessary, even though it's not a new fob. It is necessary with new
>> ones.

>Can't do it. My particular model year (1998) requires a trip to the dealer to pair new fobs or keys with the car. First-generation PATS wasn't that great.

Try this:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...4174802AAFkfTX

>I have previously replaced the battery in the fob. It didn't require any special procedure, it just worked.

I don't know how that system works, but in general, a battery that
stays dead for an extended period can let a device lose its memory,
and sometimes things just happen. I think that if either the fob or
the module had its memory erased or corrupted, you would have to
reprogram. If the method in that link works, it's a cheap fix. Even
new fobs appear to be pretty cheap, and worth a try.