Old August 8th 07, 01:05 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default Ignition Switch

On Aug 7, 10:52?pm, "'Key" > wrote:
> "Big Al" > wrote in message

> >> ups.com...

> >> 76 has a retainer type ign in the column.
> >> Its not in the dash...

> >> --
> >> "Key"
> >> =====

> > Think he's trying to get past the steering wheel lock.
> > Wish he would have
> > given a tad more information.

> > Al

> yea, the more I think about it, he may have had a telescopic
> tilt wheel.
> I am not sure what the 76 had..
>
> --
> "Key"

It's a basic column no telescopic or tilt. I got the ring off and the
turn signal switch is hanging out, I took out the 4 bolts holding the
next piece of the column but it seems to be connected to somehing I
cannot see. This all started when the key started sticking in the
start mode and not returning to run. Hopefully I haven't ruined the
starter. I'll save that for another day. Advice I got from a local guy
said try to clean up the lock cylinder, maybe the ignition switch
doesn't need changing. Once I get in there should I change it anyway
being it's not too expensive of a part according to a parts catalog?

Mike