Old April 27th 05, 01:57 AM
Denny B

Default Small hole in gas tank filler pipe.

How can one repair a small hole in the gas tank filler pipe?
There is a square rubber gasket when you look under the
vehicle that circles the pipe where it comes through the inside
of the fender.I guess this gasket is to prevent muck from getting
into the fender well.

Over the years as muck has stuck to this gasket it has corroded
the gas filler pipe. If I know what I observe now, if one went
to the plumbing store and got a 3 inch rubber collar with end clamps
and put it around the filler pipe where it comes through the rubber
gasket this probably would not have happened.

By the way I have purchased this type of rubber collar, slit
it down the middle to pet it around the pipe and fitted the end
clamps. This has almost solved the leak but not 100%.

Has anyone an opinion if JB.Weld will hold, if I clean the pipe first
then scuff the metal with a scuff pad?

Your assistance appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Denny B