Old September 28th 06, 03:04 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Fred W[_1_]

Default headlights on all day

Ulf wrote:

> I don't get how BMW can be stupid enough to use the high beams as DRLs.
> Turn signals, fog lights or low beams at a reduced voltage would have
> been much better...

Actually, no. The high beams at reduced intensity are the best option
for two reasons.

One: They are more apt to get the attention of other drivers as they
are fairly bright, even at reduced intensity. Two: If you burn one of
them out (due to them being constantly on) you will not lose any of the
more important light functions: signalling turns, or low beams. Don't
forget, not all cars come equiped with fog lights. Having fog lights
where I live is completely unnecesary as we seldom get real fog.

--
-Fred W