Old December 9th 09, 11:03 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Remco Moedt

Default What is next?

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 09:14:31 +0000 (UTC), Uwe >
wrote:

>On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 13:48:20 +0100, Remco Moedt wrote:
>
>> In what way will rF2 differ from rF1? Or isn't that clear atm?
>>
>> Cheers!
>>

>Some wild, unfounded guessing on my part, and as it's xmas soon,
>here goes:
>
>- improved tyre model
>- multi core support
>- nfs shift like graphics engine (hopefully configurable blur-wise)

This is something you would expect anyway.

>- AI stands for "Artificial Intelligence", not "Aggravated Idiots"

That would be cool! I'm not that interested in online racing anymore,
so improved AI is always welcome. It would be even better if you could
mod the AI .

>- dynamic track conditions (marbles, laid-down rubber over the course
>of an event
>- the beginnings of weather effects / changeable weather

Well, hopefully it's not just some skidmarks and a bit of fog.

>- added content / online store type system that both integrates free
>mods and "pro level" add-ons that can be purchased online (and I
>mean "purchased", not "licensed" as opposed to iR's model)

Thanks for your answer, Uwe! Ofcourse it's hard to come up with
something absolutely new in this genre, the games are just evolving
using the latest hardware. I'm still waiting for a game were you could
design your own car within a given rule set which you can race online.
And with designing I don't mean slapping some decalls on...

Cheers!

Remco