Old September 4th 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Mark[_1_]

Default 1990 Olds Stalls/Bogs on acceleration

On Sep 4, 1:04*pm, wrote:
> I tried listening to the injectors with my long screwdriver. and it
> sounds as if all of them are clicking and not missing a click when the
> engine is bogging...

connect a volt meter to them..

when you open the throttle, there has to be an increase in gas flow,
in the old days the accelerator pump did this,,,

you will not be able to tell by hearing the clicks if more or less
gas is being injected... the clicking will tell you that some gas is
being injected...

looking at the meter you should be able to see the voltage or pulse
width increase when you open the throttle..like a dwell meter used to
work..

Do you have the service manual?

Mark