Old March 21st 06, 10:49 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default mpg alfa romeo 146

Tony Rickard > wrote:

> SteveH wrote:
>
> > MPG depends on which engine you have - if it's a 2lt TSpark and you
> > drive it fairly enthusiastically, then think mid 20s mpg. I get around
> > 28mpg in everyday use, dropping to under 20mpg if I have my 'fast' head
> > on.

> Agree the 2lt TSparks can vary dramatically by driving style - under 20
> is going some though!

Pah, that's nothing. I got a Cinquecento Sporting down to 18mpg......

> > Rear tyres - dunno, can't remember the last time I went through a set on
> > a RWD car.

> FWD?

Aye, FWD. I've been driving the 75 the last few days, due to a major
****-up on the part of both of us..... discovered Katie had been driving
the 156 with an MOT that expired 3 weeks ago on Sunday night. Ooops.

> > Rear pads - as for front pads, but every 20k miles.

> Curiously I got through rear pads at 24k and fronts at 36k on my 156 V6.
> Never had pads last so long although I did a lot more motorway miles
> than previously - still surprised at getting through the rears first - I
> guess they are softer compounds.

Aye, again, it all depends on what's been fitted in the past. My Marea
has been fitted with drilled discs and 'Greenstuff' pads on the front.
It wouldn't surprise me if those need replacing very soon as they appear
to be very 'soft' once they've warmed up.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL