Old January 4th 18, 06:24 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

Default Musk electric pickup truck.

On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 9:35:32 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> I am amazed at the mileage they are getting from modern-managed batteries.. When a radio show said the new electric semi was expected to get 500 miles I thought it was absurd until I remembered the enthusiast I met with the sports car exceeded 200 miles.

My understanding is that a lot of the Tesla batteries have capacities limited by the programming software. You have to pay for the additional kilowatt hours but it's cheaper to install the same batteries in the cars. From a manufacturing standpoint, it is more cost effective to use the same hardware across a model line and disable features through software on lower end models. It's brilliant!