Old September 24th 10, 05:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default a different antenna issue

On 9/21/2010 6:59 PM, Christopher Muto wrote:
> On 9/21/2010 1:02 PM, pws wrote:

>>> oh no! i should have waited, but i ordered one from the planet-miata
>>> guys friday and it is en route. thanks again for all you effort. and my
>>> apologies for not being more patient.

>> Nah, you waited long enough. The part was smaller than I was thinking it
>> was.
>>
>> Now, if anyone else needs a fixed antenna assembly................
>>
>> Pat

> i received it today... and the shipping was more than the part. seems
> like when planet-miata give 25% off the cost of parts they also have an
> unadverised special of 50% increase in shipping and the part looks a
> little funny... hope it fits.

I wish I had found it sooner. Three miatas worth of parts in two
different locations and no inventory system. It can get tough to find
things, or even to remember if I have them.
The organization is part of what you are paying planet-miata for, but it
figures that I would come across the antenna base within a week of your
order.

Let me know how the antenna you received works for you. The one I have
is either from a 1991 or a 1996 model. Either way, it should work with
your '96 model. I will hold it until you let me know, and I am still at
the new email address.

Pat