Old November 18th 07, 09:58 PM posted to alt.autos.ford, alt.autos.gm, rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Paul Johnson[_2_]

Default Gas Tank Fill Location All Wrong

On Nov 17, 1:32 pm, Jeff > wrote:
> Paul Johnson wrote:
> > On Nov 15, 6:20 pm, Picasso > wrote:

> <...>
>
> >> this guy is an idiot... cars have reverse... back in to a spot...

> > You're likely to get yourself killed for doing that... gas stations
> > are one-way and nobody's happy about some dickhead cutting in the
> > wrong way. I have no qualms in forcing someone who tried that back
> > out of the station with my front bumper.

> What an idiot. Do you really think it is that important that you
> confront someone who is trying to get fuel to push him or her out of the
> way?

In situations where someone would need to back into a gas station,
especially given that they're usually one-way operations, someone
backing in would be cutting in front of someone who probably has been
waiting for some time to get gas. I, for one, have about as much
compassion for people who are that big of an impatient asshole as I do
for a mosquito biting me.