Old October 9th 04, 06:31 PM
Caroline

Not sure exactly what you're up to. Are you just trying to see if this ignitor
has failed or not?

For ignitor electrical tests, see pages 16-50 (fuel injected) and 16-51 (carb'd)
of
http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/Concert...H200/16-48.pdf .

www.autozone.com 's free repair guides describe the same or similar tests under
Engine Performance and Tune-Up Procedures, PGM-Ig (sic) ignition system,
diagnosis and testing.

If you have access to a working ECU in a Civic:
The pin number in the ECU which provides output to the ignitor (white wire)
could be any of several, depending on the particular model of car. Electrical
diagrams at both of the above sites do list pin numbers. E.g. For the 1988-1991
Civic LX, ECU pins C8, B8 and B9 are white wired and go to the distributor. At
the autozone site under chassis electrical, wiring diagrams, see Figure 20.

Also maybe worth skimming for more detail on the ECU pins is:

http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/inde...howtopic=45852

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=478377&page=2 (note especially turbogixxer's
post here about 5/8ths of the way down on the site)

For very detailed electrical information, the guys at the above two sites say
get the Helm manual for the specific vehicle and go to the electrical section.

I'm still thinking this may be on the net somewhere. Will post back if I find
the voltage.

"jim beam" > wrote