Old November 25th 05, 05:42 AM posted to alt.hi-po.mopars,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Magnum EFI to carb conversion

Let's say hypothetically I have a Magnum 318 Dodge truck with a dead
ECM and I want to get rid of the ECM entirely. I know there is a carb
manifold available, will a standard electronic or points distributor
fit these engines? Or is there an aftermarket one that does and
provides conventional triggering and advance mechanisms?

If it has an automatic, does its box need the data from the ECM and if
it does, can it be rewired to use other inputs or a
non-electronic-engine box?