Old April 25th 05, 04:12 AM
TW

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 21:23:12 -0400, "Ed White"
> wrote:

>One other scenario.....one I've seen happen more than once. I'M the lap car,
>and I race the leader hard for a lap, then move low to let the lead cars by,
>1st & 2nd get into it and crash, I scoot by to get my lap back.....In the
>scenario you described above, I'm now last car on the lead lap, in 6th, with
>2 damaged cars ahead of me. On the restart, I pass both damaged cars, and
>end up 4th on the lead lap, instead of 6th a lap down.

That's a valid scenario, when it happens. However, in the original
poster's story, the crash happened with 3 laps to go. At this point he
has little if no chance to improve his position. If you're faster than
the 2nd place car, fine and dandy. But when you start to become a
factor in who wins the race as a lapper, it's time to move over and
let them battle it out.

Again, while he may not have broken any league rules, it's common
courtesy to move aside at this point.

Of course, this is league play. If it were a pickup race, this is the
point where the lapper parks sideways on the track....lmao.