Old August 2nd 18, 06:39 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Arlen Holder

Default Advice for stripped threads upstream oxygen sensor exhaust manifold

On 1 Aug 2018 22:26:00 GMT, rbowman wrote:

> Back to your friendly Loctite dealer for the Form-A-Thread kit? Trip to
> a junkyard for a new manifold if replacing it isn't too painful? Helicoils?

Seems to me the choices are...
a. New or used manifold (if it's not too hard to replace)
b. Drill it out and helicoil it (nothing to lose really)
c. Clean it up with a tap (I don't have the tap, which won't be cheap)
d. Shove it in there with epoxy (I hate that idea so I don't want to)