Old November 15th 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
C. E. White[_1_]

Default humming noise at certaind speeds only when accelerating

> wrote in message
ps.com...
>I have an 2002 ford explorer and it makes a humming noise only at
> around 50-75 mph and only when im pressing on the gas. If i take my
> foot off the gas, the noise stops. If i pass 75mph, the noise
> stops.
> And I never hear the noise when im going less than 50 mph. Anyone
> know
> what this can be?

It could be something as simple as a vibrating accelerator cable.

You might also ask your Ford dealer about TSB 05-16-4 AUG 05 -
Driveline - Vibration/Boom Between 55 and 75 MPH . Sounds like your
complaint to me. YOu can read the actual TSB at
http://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricant.../tsb/05164.pdf .

Ed