Old July 30th 11, 11:23 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Gunther Ahammer[_2_]

Default Software Diagnosis

GT wrote:
> "Gunther Ahammer" > wrote in message
> y.telekom.at...
>> GT wrote:
>>> "SteveH" > wrote in message
>>> .. .

>>> I presume: http://www.alfadiag.net/ ??
>>>
>>> Are the cables car-specific? The following one mentions Audi/VW and
>>> pre 2004 (mine is a 2002 156 2.0JTS)?
>>> eBayUK item number 300572268349 http://tinyurl.com/3lkosur

>> Better software than alfadiag is FES(even in the free version) ->
>> http://www.fiatecuscan.net/
>>
>> G.

> Gunther, Have you got that Fiat software to work with an Alfa? (A 156
> JTS ideally).

Yes, workes fine with TS, JTDs.
Actually i have a Brera V6 and a 159SW TBI and the sw works even with my
"Senior", a 146 1,7 16V Boxer.
The guys from our Forum tested it also on the JTS.
The difficulties don't come from the ECU but from the Interfaces. In our
Forum is a guy, who sales well working Interfaces, which he buys at ebay
and modifies them. He builds in a dipswitch and then you have access to
all ECUs (Motor, Immobilizer, Airbag, Brake aso.) and CAN.

Gunther