Old July 26th 11, 10:04 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_14_]

Default Software Diagnosis

"SteveH" > wrote in message
.. .
> GT > wrote:
>
>> Actually, before I bother to buy one, will it actually give me more
>> information than just "motor control failure...", or am I wasting my
>> money??

> Does it do that all the time, or just randomly?

All the time - usually under load at low revs. Engine splutter like a
missfire or bad fuel, MCF message, then off we go again! Catman said several
times that its the throttle sensor at the pedal (its not a direct throttle
cable) and he tends to know what he is talking about, but the MCF message
makes me wonder if its something else - electrics, ECU, lambda sensor or
even spark plugs or something else...