Old July 10th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
jonezzzman[_2_]

Default Oil Sensor?

Michael Johnson wrote:
> jonezzzman wrote:
>> Michael Johnson wrote:
>>> You may not need a new sensor. I believe there is a plastic gasket
>>> that can go bad. I had the same problem may years ago and I think I
>>> just swapped the gasket. Either way, go to a Ford dealer with a
>>> parts department and you'll find what you need there.

>> Anyone know where I might find an oil sensor online? Or, do I need to
>> drive to the local Ford dealer to get one?

> Go to Autozone, Napa, etc. and you can search for parts there. Like I
> said, if you only have a leak a new gasket is all that is needed.

Thanks for your help.

I bought the o-ring/gasket. It was about $5. However, oil appears to
be coming from where the wire plugs in. Hard to tell if its the gasket
or not. The sensor costs $50. I'm gonna wait on the sensor to see if
the o-ring will work. I'll let you know.

Thanks

Byron