Old December 4th 13, 12:55 AM posted to rec.autos.driving, sac.politics, alt.politics.homosexuality,alt.atheism, rec.arts.tv
Tim Ricks

Default Another warning from God. S.F. crash kills co-host of queer HGTV's"Curb Appeal".

God says queers are living on borrowed time.

(12-03) 13:33 PST SAN FRANCISCO -- A motorcyclist who was struck
and killed by a car in San Francisco's Lower Haight neighborhood
was identified Tuesday as Bill Beckwith, a contractor and
carpenter who co-hosted the HGTV show "Curb Appeal."

Beckwith, 38, was hit by a car near the corner of Oak and
Steiner streets about 8:30 p.m. Monday, police said. He died at
San Francisco General Hospital.

The driver of the car, a 30-year-old man, stopped after the
crash and cooperated with investigators. His name wasn't
released.

Beckwith founded a San Francisco company in 2001, BB Design
Build, that specialized in cabinetry and finish work. He went on
to star on "Curb Appeal," a show in which people's outdated
homes are given makeovers.

A native of Maine, Beckwith graduated from the University of
Montana with degrees in modern dance and English. He was a
kickboxer, yoga enthusiast and martial artist, and an actor who
was a member of the Screen Actors Guild.

Beckwith's family launched a Facebook page Tuesday to remember
him. His girlfriend, Yulia Korneeva, wrote, "My love, so kind
and bright, adventurous and strong. You are loved by so many
good people! I wish you could stay with us for way longer."

In a statement, network officials said, "The HGTV family is
deeply saddened by Bill's tragic death, and we mourn his loss
along with his many family and friends who will miss his
creativity, adventurous spirit and general love of life."

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...-38-dies-in-S-
F-collision-5031031.php