Old November 21st 09, 07:46 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Mike Romain[_5_]

Default Ford's "Easy Fuel" capless fuel filler?

CWLee wrote:

> Here is the potential problem I'm wondering if any of you have faced.
> The website also suggests that gas can be placed into your tank ONLY
> with a properly sized nozzle from a gas pump.

Gas pump nozzles have been like that for years, ever since unleaded gas
came in. The pump nozzle for unleaded gas is smaller than one for
leaded gas so you can't put leaded in by mistake.

They also make gas cans nozzles 'unleaded' size and gravity gets by the
internal 'valve' I have even seen those one way anti siphon 'valves' as
a simple coil spring inside the tube.

Mike
2000 Cherokee Sport
86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG AT's, 'glass nose to tail in '00
'New' frame and everything else in '09. Some Canadian Bush Trip and
Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com