Old May 19th 17, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.survivalism,misc.legal,alt.politics.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Scout[_4_]

Default NC motorists who hit protesters blocking roadways will be legally protected under proposed bill

"Siri Cruise" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> nospam > wrote:
>
>> > In California vehicles yield the right of way to pedestrians regardless
>> > of
>> > whether the pedestrians are making a legal crossing.

>> that might be what the law says, but anyone who steps in front of a
>> moving vehicle which shows no signs of slowing down is not going to
>> enjoy the outcome.

> Actual protesters obstruct traffic in a way that the cars have enough time
> see them and stop.

That assumes the driver sees them, is willing to stop, and isn't in fear of
their life by stopping in the middle of a mob.

Well, gee office, I was following the car in front of me by many times the
normal following distance, looked down to see what had dropped on the floor
boards and a moment later I heard a number of thuds and bumps.....sorry if
all those people had to commit suicide by jumping in front of me. Oh, and I
need a list of their names so I can sue their estates for damages.

>They hold up traffic for a short time until the police and
> highway patrol show up and arrest the protestors.

What if the traffic doesn't want to be held up?

What if an ambulance gets trapped in the hold up and someone dies?

What if there are accidents, resulting in damage, injury or lose of life?

Who exactly should we hold criminally and civilly liable for all that?

Ever see this sign?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...d_mway_ent.jpg

Now think real hard...what exactly do you think prohibited means, and if you
ignore that and doing so causes damage, injury or death...who is to blame.

Yep, you stepped in front of my car......and legally murdered yourself.

The road is cleared without