Old December 12th 05, 03:37 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default 156 windscreen and headlamp washers

"Oggy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Mike and Espen,
>
> If it's any use, on the GTA, there's a fuse and 2 relays accessible via
> a little flap in the roof of the glove compartment. I think this must
> be true of all "later" models - post facelift I guess.
>
> Paul.

Thanks, Paul and everyone who replied. I swapped the electrical connectors
on the two pumps and got showed with water from the headlamp washers. The
implication is that the fuse has gone on the headlamp washers ( now
confirmed) and the pump has failed on the windscreen wahers !

I have still not been able to remove the washer bottle; it occupies most of
the inside of the wing and I can't see how it can possibly come out from
above despite what the manual says. It may have to be removed by taking out
the plastice cover in the wheelarch after removing the wheel.

I think I might just swap the fluid tubes for now; that will give me working
screen wash but no headlight wash. I can then sort out the bottle removal at
my leisure

mike