Old May 7th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Fuel Pump Timer? Pump Location?

In article >,
wrote:

> >How about an example of "quite a bit >less?"

> ====
> you surely aren't serious?

No less serious than you are.

> camshaft driven pumps use to cost 10-15 dollars when they were in vogue,
> probably don't make them anymore, electric pumps 40-50 dollars - tank
> pumps today run 150-200 bucks,

Let's see...
Camshaft driven pump, 4-6 psi and delivers fuel in pulses
Electric fuel pump, 30-65 PSI and delivers continuous steady
pressure. So, to steal a phrase from a slightly shortsighted
individual, "you surely aren't serious?"

> but you must take into consideration

You consider it in 2006, I was considering it 28+ years ago.

> that the - pumps and present day
> fuel systems act synergistically, new design, requiring a different
> configuration all together.

Yeah, EFI versus carburetors and all that mysterious stuff...