Old February 5th 05, 06:24 AM
Jim Warman

Well.... if your friend replaces the gears, you can expect them to howl....
However, if they are installed properly, there will be no problem. You can
either trust your friend or you can trust a mechanic. ne last thing... if
you are going to trust a cheap mechanic, you might be better off trusting
your friend.

There are good mechanics and bad mechanics...... don't even pretend to think
that a good mechanic will be happy with bad mehanic wages.

"5point0" > wrote in message
> I am thinking of swapping the stock 3.08's for 3.55's in my '91 rear
> end. A friend told be that it's not a good idea because the gears are
> normally lapped at the factory and if I replace them, my diff is going to
> howl. Can anybody comment on this?
>
> I am also toying with the idea of replacing the carrier assy. with
> either a new limited slip or possibly a locker. Is this something the

home