Old August 15th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Darryl

Default rFactor development

Atom Elfman wrote:
> "Tony Rickard" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> k...
> > Following up on the other threads here regarding rFactor mods, rFactor seems to have really "come of age" recently.
> >
> > What with the latest patch (a year on, ISI really need to incorporate changeable weather and call it V2.0 and charge for it IMHO)

> ehm, charge? i buy rF just 15 days ago...
>
> not joking plz..

You may have bought it a few days ago, but it has been out for quite a
while, and the ISI people have provided us with at least three *major*
upgrades since then. There are a number of us who have been amazed at
the free stuff that ISI has given us, and we're quite prepared to make
a payment for the next significant upgrade. Any other game company, for
example ... cough ... EA, would have charged full price for each
upgrade and simply called them "new games". Would you complain that EA
wanted to charge for FIFA 2006 just because you bought FIFA 2005 a week
ago? I think not. (You might regret your timing of the purchase,
however.)

--
Darryl