Old November 14th 08, 12:17 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Ken Doyle

Default AMC Rambler strut rod busings available again

Wipe some dishwashing liquid on the bushing and tap it all the way in with a
scrap of wood and a small hammer. Then put some soap on the inside of the
bushing and install the spacer with a "C" clamp and 2 small scraps of wood.

On the '65 American you need:
1" deep socket or box wrench for the end nut
1" line wrench to back off the inner nut
5/8 box wrench to hold top of 2 bolts at lower control arm.
11/16 socket, short extension, on a 1/2" drive handle for bottom of same 2
bolts (those are tight!).

The 2nd side goes a lot faster!

Ken D.