Old April 16th 18, 06:30 PM posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech
Ragnusen Ultred

Default Using an iPad to follow a YouTube DIY without Internet to replace automotive speakers

Am Mon, 16 Apr 2018 07:31:55 -0700 (PDT), schrieb trader_4:

> I'd just watch the video on a PC in my house, then go out and work on the
> car and if necessary come back and watch again. It's putting in a speaker,
> not rebuilding the engine. If I wanted to do it right at the car, I'd
> use my smartphone on the cell network.

Well, that works but remember, it's not my car, so I'm completely
unfamiliar with everything about the car.

Also remember that I have a lady watching over my shoulder who was the mom
of the girl who was her daughter, helping me, who owned the car ... where
you know, as I know, that breaking things like those dastardly clips gets
those kinds of people upset.

Us? We break those clips all the time ... and we remove more parts than
necessary all the time, and we remove fewer than needed all the time, and
we take off parts out of order all the time, etc., where I didn't have the
luxury of experimenting while working on this neighbor's car.

Besides, I could have written it all down, but really, it's just speakers
(as you said) and there were only about fifty or so connectors to unclip or
unscrew, so, that's not all that much to remember (or write down), but why
bother.

I put the kid to good use by having her hold the iPad tablet, and she would
read out the next step and I would do it while she paused it.

That worked out perfectly - but they don't have a router (reminder for me
to buy them a new router as they only use desktops or cellular).

In my case, this use model was perfect:\
a. Mom watched over everything like a hawk (but she did bring refreshments!)
b. Daughter held iPad and told me what step to do next (this kept her busy).
c. I removed the fifty or so bolts and clips & installed the speakers.

When it came time to drill into the rear panel, I sent the mom and daughter
inside asking for them to make more food!

(They would have screamed had they seen me drilling the holes.)