Old February 3rd 05, 06:55 AM
trevors40

Yes, PS2s are really good in summer but as soon as the temperature drops
below 5 degress celcius I change to Pilot Alpin PA2.

Again the PA2's are quite expensive but allow high speed driving in winter
and damn are they quiet. The only one that will beat it is Dunlop
WinterSport.

Please note that there is no such thing as "best tire". It all depends on
your city's weather pattern, usage and your own style of driving.

As far as summer tires I have used Pirelli, Yokohama, Hankook, Dunlop ... I
have to say the PS2 gives you best performance especially when it comes to
high speed cornering.

As far as wear, no comment.

"TonyK" > wrote in message

> "trevors40" > wrote in message
> > If you want the best high performance tires go Michelin Pilot Sport PS2.
> > It's a bit pricey but you won't regret it.
> >

> You might, depends on the car and road conditions. PS2s are pretty poor

when
> cold so for stop start they don;t give best performance for a while. Also

on
> wet roads Pirelli PZero Rosso and Nero tend to give superior grip although
> they wear more quickly. The turn in with Pirelli seems a little sharper

for