Old October 1st 04, 01:15 AM
Leon van Dommelen

jchase > wrote:

> -I've heard of people putting the top on by themselves but its a lot
>easier with two people.

I have no doubt.

> -Be careful of the side latches (behind the shoulder belts)- its very
>easy to knock them part way closed and then the whole process hangs up.

You really need *three* people, one a side-latch expert.

> -Watch the defrost pigtail- it has an terrible desire to get caught
>under the weatherstripping.

And a fourth, preferably an electrician.

> -My top (factory) need a bit of fiddling to get it properly set down on
>the "Frankenstein bolts" on the rear deck- when its right, the
>windshield header should fit perfectly.

Also a fiddler, apparently.

> -The two rubber lumps inside the lower edge of the hardtop window rest
>on the softtop latches, reducing rattle

We sure want this fiddler's music to be appreciated by the gathered
crowd!

The lengths that people go to *not* to drive a convertible.

Leon

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)