Old February 6th 07, 07:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Doug Miller[_1_]

Default OIL PRESSURE LIGHT

In article outautos.com>, "Lentinman" > wrote:
> 1995 Saturn:
>
>A couple/three months ago my oil pressure light started coming on only
>after I first started the car and when I would approach the first road
>incline. But, it has come on more and more often ever since then -
>sometimes even on the highway briefly.
>
>I'm assuming it will eventually be on all the time. I also assume it is
>faulty. But, since I may be wrong, I'm posting this.
>
>Any advice would be appreciated. Allergic to repair shops.

Replace the oil pressure sensor ASAP. If the warning light no longer comes on,
rest easy in the knowledge that you had a defective oil pressure sensor.

However, if the warning light continues to illuminate, get the car to a repair
shop immediately and have it checked out -- the oil pressure probably really
*is* low, and continuing to drive it in that condition will ruin the engine in
short order.

You *have* checked the oil level, haven't you?

--
Regards,