Old October 23rd 10, 02:49 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve Newman

Default 2000 Ford Taurus in tank fuel pump, make access hole in floor?

>thanks for the great info...
>I'm going to give it more thought, I don't think I have the stones to
>cut above the fuel lines with a Dremel tool, but I would consider
>using tin snips... And I didn't realize that the access hole would be
>so large, I thought it was going to be just the same size as the hole
>in the tank.. with it so large, the exact location is not that
>critical.

Here are some of the pics I took when I did it. You'll see how easy it would
be to cut in the wrong place and hit a hose or wire, and how little
clearance there is between the floor and the tank in at least one place (at
the rear of the hole).

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...nt%20M ethod/