Old November 25th 08, 02:22 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Dioclese

Default Detroit Three executives

"Tim" > wrote in message
>I wouldn't blame the Detroit Three executives. They were as well prepared
>as Paulson was. Why would they expect more detailed answers and plans were
>needed?

The Senate hearing?
Senators - hypocrites
Big 3 Execs - hypocrites
Self-righteous consumers - hypocrites
News media - you know that by now
All helped create the problems we're having now, or, ignored the symptoms.
Business as usual attitude got us here. The thing different here is the Big
3 Execs just don't get it. The retribution factor, from the consumer, due
the Big 3 slowness to change with the times just complicates matters. The
senate hearing as a result is a reflection of what those senators are
hearing from their constituents.

Oddly, more than half of the U.S. polled did not want to bailout banks.
Yet, here we are doing just that. Paulsen used fear tactics to get that to
pass. In the interim, we saw Paulsen change his mind a few times how to
attack the problem. Meanwhile, people were still losing their homes to
foreclosure. Corporate big whigs were partying up and still getting their
big multi-million bonues. Unemployment increased. The Big 3 Execs tried
fear tactics, and failed miserably. I don't see why there is a reason for
confusion or reason to question of why the senate hearing demanded a
detailed business plan. Some people tend to learn after being bashed in the
head a number of times. Even Senators...
--
Dave