Old September 3rd 07, 06:06 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
mack

Default OEM Tires, Optional OEM tires, and totally off-the-wall tires

"Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message
> My '89 Mazda 626:
> I replaced the original tires with the cheapest ones I could find,

I cringed when I saw these words, Hachi, because a tire is the last type of
ANY product where it's a good idea to go on the cheap. Buy cheap motor
oil, cheap beer, cheap underwear, and cheap laundry detergent, and though
they may not be as good as the name brand, they'll get the job done, and
most importantly, they won't kill you. Cheap tires can, have and will kill
people.
Buy day old bread, margarine instead of butter, and second hand shirts from
Goodwill, but overpay for your tires. One blowout or tread separation at
highway speed, and you won't have to worry about anything any more....ever.