Old September 7th 05, 02:50 AM
Sting32

Default Rfactor will not run...

Dilemma,

Installed (duh prepaid through link at the website) before reading it would
been easier after I downloaded the game... well that was a week ago, I had
a couple minutes to give it a try, hoped the key would be there when install
was done downloading... nope it shows up later like the next day.

but I snuck in the next night to the computer (I was supposed to be helping
with chores ya know...)

anyway Installed now that I had the key in the mail...Install does go, it
launches, installs all good and all, pops up the code page, I give it the
code, launch the config as is all done by default , looks like good to go
and it launches ready to run but bammo, windows firewall tries to block it,
I try to click allow... but (maybe) not in time, the big usual RFACTOR full
screen pops up, & that is all she wrote folks, so knowing (read that as
assuming) I had missed the allow button, and I couldn't get out, I reboot
(hard power button) goto firewall settings I see 2 entries for rFactor. I
delete them both and stand ready to allow them... click rFactor icon,
little screen comes up, that is all she wrote... nothing, I'd give up but
now I'm ****ed, what is up with this game. uninstall re-install still never
asked for new key locks tighter than ****. (** I have to admit I uncertain
about the actual chain of events of course, of when code is entered, just
seems it was finally ready to let me play.... that was a week ago tomorrow,
BTW. but it was and apparently accepted? SOL, because I cannot duplicate
any of this, it refuses to run) even after removing and reinstalling, just
plain ass locks up full screen (black with image space shoeing?)

damn, demo worked, I have GTLegends working fine (if I don't launch rfactor
1st that is, if I do I dont get my system back, ever!!! (100% processor, no
drive activity to speak of.)

any help to be had or ideas from you guys here at RAS?

Thanks