Old February 20th 11, 03:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

Default 215/40-R16 Yokohama S.Drive tires

In article >,
Alan Baker > wrote:

> I've done some checking and a lot of people seem to think a lot about
> the S.Drive's wet weather performance.

Lots of summer tires are very good in the wet. The T1R is a notch or two
better than that, with significantly more grip under all conditions. In
addition, it's very lightweight and has an amazingly-plush ride.
However, its turn in is not very crisp, which bothers some folks.

I've used up three sets of Toyos, and was always quite happy with them.
Now I'm trying the Bridgestone RE-11, which is more of a track tire.
It's completely different, and won't be everyone's cup of tea, but its
grip and predictability are astonishing.

Every tire is a set of compromises. If you list your priorities, we can
offer better recommendations. How many miles per year do you drive? What
temperature range? How hard do you drive? What's your budget?

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO