Old February 20th 11, 03:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Default 215/40-R16 Yokohama S.Drive tires

"Alan Baker" > wrote in message
> Really?
>
> I've done some checking and a lot of people seem to think a lot about
> the S.Drive's wet weather performance.
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> <http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg>

Both are considered quite good but since you didn't ask about tires, I won't
espouse the virtues of my favorites ;-). I will throw out for
consideration, my wheels which, imo offer the best combination of looks /
weight / price and, not necessarily in that order. I bought the Ultraleggera
by OZ Racing. They are 16x7 and a few years ago they were $210 each.
Actually I have had in my head that they were ~$180 each but since I don't
'trust' my head, I went and checked the receipt ;-). They are a little bit
of a pain in the a_s to keep clean but after having the super light BBS
Miata wheels for 5 years, these seemed a breeze in relative terms ;-). You
can see them he
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...Si lver+Paint

I believe these are 14.5lbs each. There are a few lighter / cheaper wheels
out there but I definitely factored in looks. These are made in Italy and
they are quality items.

Good luck,
Chris
99BBB