Old January 2nd 11, 07:22 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default Anyone got any thoughts on PS3/GT5?

(Tim O) wrote:

> I stress out about racing clean in multiplayer racing sims/games,
> nearly to the point where it can remove the fun for me. I'd probably
> be a neurotic mess in iRacing.

Welcome to my world. ;-)

> Maybe it'd be different with a wheel. I'm a total ham fist
> with the controller.

I would never have bought the PS3 if my wheel didn't work with it. I really can't
imagine driving with a controller... though I guess with all the aids dialled up it
must be fairly pleasant otherwise so people people wouldn't do it.

> Where I'm gonna get screwed is when I finally work up the nerve
> to race online. I'll try to race clean, be slow as hell and its
> going to be an all-around awful experience. Will probably have
> a bunch of 15 year old creeps yelling "GET OUT OF THE WAY
> FAGGOT!" the whole race, too.

It can be like that in iRacing too. :-) Not often though, admittedly. But I know
exactly what you mean, and that's why I've always preferred racing AI to people.
Less stress, less drama, and I suppose much less rewarding too. But when you're as
slow as I tend to be the only rewards are in my imagination anyway. :->

Andrew McP