Old November 23rd 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_4_]

Default Looking for stand alone OBD2 software with bidirectional capability

Andrew wrote:
> Steve,
>
> At this point I am looking to consider all options that are
> software-based solutions that allow bidirectional control so a
> certain degree. I would like to be able to pulse injectors,
> partially open the EGR, actuate the ABS modulator, etc. Are you
> saying the autoenginuity will do these things? It doesn't appear
> that that's the case according to what I have seen on their website.
> I appreciate your feedback and I will continue to hunt. I assumed
> (foolishly) that there would be a really thorough comparison online
> somewhere but as of yet, I am unable to locate such a beast. I
> googled till my teeth fell out (so I thought).
>
> Thanks again! Andrew.

Take a closer look at their site and your will find this.
http://www.autoenginuity.com/products.html

Run and query specific component and system tests. Support for generic
and enhanced bi-directional tests

Factory scan tool options available (not included in base kit)
All generic scan tools can only access the powertrain, no matter what
SAE Modes (J1979/J2190) they use for communication. With our expansions,
you can access dozens of systems (ABS, transmission, GEM, SRS/Airbags,
Instrument Cluster, etc.) generic scan tools can't even see. This gives
you access to thousands of sensors and dozens of bi-directional
controls/system tests. Click here to see our enhanced support for Ford,
GM, Chrysler Toyota, Mazda, Nissan, BMW, Land Rover, Honda, Subaru,
Mitsubishi, Isuzu, Porsche, Mercedes, Jaguar , and Audi. Click here for
complete enhanced option details.

Bi-directional support. You have the ability to initiate system and
component tests. Support for this feature is vehicle dependent.

http://www.autoenginuity.com/GM-All-Systems-List.html

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York