Old December 20th 08, 07:23 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford
Gosi

Default UAW forced to be paid as a Southern Foreign factory worker.

On 20 Dec, 19:07, > wrote:
> Stupid.... interesting term that could be applied to many different groups
> of people...
>
> Stupid... as in customers continuing to pay prices that have been driven
> high by over-priced wage packages for union workers? Come on... this is
> assembly line work... put tab A in slot B... what rolls off the end of the
> line could be a toaster, a car or Mattels latest toy... It ain't rocket
> science.
>
> Someone is signing the cheque for this, doofus.... and that would be the
> consumer...
>
> Where I live, we have a labour shortage.... our local McDonalds is offering
> $13 per hour.... I wonder how many 99 cent burgers you need to sell to make
> that idea profitable?
>
> I'm sure that all of your fellow Americans will love the hell out of you
> calling them "ignorant".
>
> "Rock Hardson" > wrote in message
>
> .com...
>
> >http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...08/12/19/AR200...

> > The article states that the southern japanese factory worker was offered
> > to join the union bringing wages on par to its northern American worker
> > but they opted to stay bare foot and po' for japanese pennies. How STUPID
> > can people be! If they had simply joined the union they would be getting
> > the same exact pay and benefits as the northern worker living a higher
> > standard of life and there would have been an even playing field for all
> > manufactures from the start. For years it has been said that the Japanese
> > choose the southern worker simply to take advantage of there ignorance. I
> > guess the article proves they were right about that one. Now the northern
> > worker will be forced to be dragged down to the level of pay of the
> > southern worker. Its a simple question of is everyone on board to make a
> > lot of money or will a segment of the community just drag others down to
> > make a lesser amount of money???

The quality control of Toyota is done by each worker.
If someone notices that something is missing from a former step they
pull the chain and stop the line.
In the beginning the line was stopping all the time.
Then the quality improved and the line hardly ever needs to be
stopped.

In GM they did not dare to do it so inspection is done after the car
has been sold and the customer finds something wrong.
First they deny the problem and then the customer gets angry and
stoppes buying GM cars.

That is a major difference and I have been waiting to see how long
this could go on like this.

It is very exciting to see that GM is finally dead and the prolonged
funeral is taking place over the next months.

RIP