Old August 6th 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default Check Engine Light Came On

wrote:

> Thanks for the responses. I have a feeling that once the oil and
> filter are changed the check engine light will go off.
>
> Patricia

Patricia,

I have been driving several miatas for about seven years now and have
had many check engine lights go on, both with my cars and with my
friend's vehicles.

In almost every single case, removing the gas cap and putting it back on
until it clicks at least 3 times turned the light off.

Have you tried this yet? I did have to replace one gas cap that had quit
holding pressure, but it was the same common problem causing the CEL to
show up.

Good luck!

Pat