Old June 29th 11, 02:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
charlie

Default Weird AC problem.

On 6/28/2011 1:13 PM, XS11E wrote:
> Jeroen > wrote:
>
>> Perhaps the AC-compressor was stuck. Did you feel the enginepower
>> increase and decrease upon switching the AC on and off.

> It's never been very noticeable, even when it's working right.

I'd guess that some self diagnosis is in order.
When the problem occurs, and you can pull over.
Check to see if the A/C clutch is engaged. You may be able to carefully
"thump" it with a piece of wood, or whatever, and see if it engages.

Also, one of the odder problems I've seen had to do with the compressor
reed valves. seems that one was broken, worked part of the time, and
when it sort of wandered around, did not.

Is the 92 filled with the "old" Freon, or the EPA happy stuff?