Old September 3rd 05, 07:21 PM
Tony Rickard

Alan Bernardo wrote:

> I started reading this post, until mention of GPL cropped up. Once I saw
> that, I closed her down.

Perhaps I worded it badly then Alan. My point was not to compare rFactor
with GPL but to compare the relative position to other sims of the
period. In '98 there is little doubt GPL moved the genre forward in a
big way. The A.S.S. review suggested to me that rFactor would be a
similar leap forward in '05.

If you do read the rest of my post you will see I do feel the rFactor
trainers are probably the best experience in sim racing right now.
However, as an overall package I am less convinced. For good leagues,
providing the online aspect proves to be good the overall feel of a
somewhat limited product will be immaterial anyway.

Cheers
Tony