Old October 24th 04, 05:40 PM
Jim Hatfield

Default Corvette prices in UK - why so high?

I'd be interested in comments by UK Corvette drivers on the seemingly
astronomical prices they go for. If you look at www.corvette.co.uk, in
the "list of cars" section, you see a 2003 Anniversary edition for
£35,995 - that would be $65,870 at the current exchange rate of $1.83.

Also, does anyone know if there is a material difference between a
Euro spec car and one which has been imported and then converted? On
the same page there is a Z06 which was a personal import and has been
converted. The only difference I can see is that the reverse lights
are either side of the rear license plate whereas on a Euro they are
crescents let in to the inner rear lights.

(if you have problems viewing this site then changing %5C in the URL
bar to a / seems to fix them).

jim