Old July 17th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Earle Horton[_1_]

Default Honda CRV 2002

"Skippy via CarKB.com" <u22838@uwe> wrote in message
> jim beam wrote:
> >> Help! I have a 2002 Honda CRV that is having problems. According to
> >> the dealer , my Honda blew a head gasket. I had it repaired. Three
> >> days later

> >[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
> >>
> >> J.V.

> >does the hood release work? if so, you need to operate it and look at
> >the engine to see where it's coming from. yes, the dealer should solve
> >the problem, but there's not much more specific advice we can give
> >without psychic intervention or your inspection.

> The oil is leaking on the upper right hand side above the drain pan. The
> oil plug is tight.

Is it running down from a round thing that screws into the head, with an
electrical connection? Ours was leaking from the VTEC valve, or the VTC
solenoid, or both. The dealer put a dye in the oil to verify that this was
where it was coming from. Oil leaks are tricky, because oil is sticky and
goes everywhere, so you can't readily see the source. The dye method works
great. Another possibility is that they pinched the valve cover gasket when
they replaced the head.

Earle