Old March 22nd 16, 10:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
>>>Ashton Crusher

Default Wal-Mart Auto Tire Scam

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 09:31:24 -0700 (PDT), Jc Maxwell
> wrote:

>On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 8:41:35 PM UTC-6, Brent wrote:
>> Except the big stores have been doing this for longer than walmart has
>> been around. It's just more obvious now because the level of cost
>> reduction has to be all that more severe.

>Good point, most big stores have had a "store brand" for a long time. Sometimes just as good quality as national brands, sometimes not.
>
>I was a little skeptical of even the Firestones I got, since I was getting them put on at a Firestone shop (we have one here that actually seems to be decent). But they seem to be fine so far. We'll see how the hold up after another 20,000 miles.

I've had so many problems with firestones I would never buy them...
NEVER. Going all the way back to their original Radial 721's and
500's. Then had them on my 92 Explorer. Had some on a used car, when
I got rid of the firestones it was like a whole different car in how
it handled. The shop put a set on my work car and they felt like
every tire had multiple flat spots. We had some E-load rated ones on
a Van and with only 5000 miles on them they started blowing out.