Old October 28th 07, 03:38 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ACAR[_1_]

Default Thought about returning in a c5

On Oct 27, 8:35 pm, "Lawrence Lugar" > wrote:
> lol - i think you have evolutionary and revolutionary confused with each
> other - based on your sentence composition.
>
> if the vette is to remain front-engine, rwd...then that'd be revolutionary;
> to be evolutionary...it'd need to be mid-engine

No, a revolutionary design would require a radical change, like mid-
engine. Evolution is more like the way the 911 has changed (or not
changed) over time. I think you are mixing up mutation (abrupt change
in form) with evolution (gradual, progressive change).

Whatever words are chosen, the Corvette is likely to retain its
current configuration if only to keep cost down. I can't see GM
investing in another sports car platform until they can regain some
market share and profitability.

But a mid-engined Corvette would shake the industry if GM could pull
it off at a low price point. Let the old farts put their golf clubs
into a Camaro, I say.