Old October 28th 07, 12:12 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ACAR

Default Thought about returning in a c5

On Oct 26, 11:29 am, "Lawrence Lugar" > wrote:

> pure race, track cars should be rear-wheel drive.

While pure race track isn't what the Corvette is all about why would
mid-engine rule out RWD?
(I was thinking of AWD as an option to make the car more useful off
the track.)
And I wouldn't take R&T's assessment as the last word. Did R&T ever
predict that the C5 would weigh as little as it does?

Unfortunately, pj has a point about storage for golf clubs. The vast
majority of Corvettes are sold with automatic transmissions and see
little sporting use. Mid-engined might work if GM did something like
the RX8's "freestyle" doors for storage behind the seats. But the C7
is likely to be evolutionary, not revolutionary, and remain front-
engine, RWD.